Enter Ingerman & Horwitz’s “Just Drive, Maryland” Scholarship Contest by submitting a unique, creative project that will inspire people to drive safely; particularly, we would like projects to send the message about the dangers of distracted driving. As with all creative projects, the sky’s the limit. Use your imagination and produce something that helps spread the message about safe driving.
Who Is Eligible?
The Ingerman & Horwitz “Just Drive, Maryland” Scholarship Contest is open to all graduating high school seniors in Maryland. (Employees of Ingerman & Horwitz and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.)
All seniors can submit a creative project that sends a powerful message about the dangers of distracted and/or drunk driving.
- Projects can be in any format: videos, brochures, recorded songs, t-shirts, posters, essays, paintings, drawings, poems, websites, and more. Make it memorable. Be creative.
- Projects must be educational and illustrate why distracted driving is dangerous. Accidents caused by drunk and/or distracted by driving are preventable. That’s the message we want to send.
- All entries must be original and authentic work of the entrant.
- Entrants are allowed one project submission only.
- All contest entries become property of Ingerman & Horwitz law firm.
- Essays: If you choose to complete an essay, please keep it under 1,500 words.
- No hand written submissions, only typed. If you email your essay, please submit it as a PDF or Word Document file.
- Videos and songs: Submissions are to be no longer than 4 minutes. If you email your video project, please submit it in .mp3, .mov, or .wmv format.
- Artwork: Must be easily transportable. If you email your artwork project, please submit it as a JPEG or PDF file.
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Theme: Does the creative project effectively address the theme of the contest? All entries must illustrate the dangers of distracted and/or drunk driving.
- Creativity: How creative and memorable is the project in delivering the message of safe driving?
- Strength: Does the project inspire and motivate teens to keep safety in mind while behind the wheel?
If you have any questions, please contact Kris Golshan at 410-539-1200 ext: 365, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.